1. Try haggis. Check - we tried a bit the other day at breakfast. And I think we're one and done on that front.
2. Isle of Skye. We've heard so many amazing things about the Isle of Skye, so this is number one on our list of places to visit.
3. And speaking of isles, the Isle of Iona is on the list too....my mother remembers going there years ago and it being magical.
4. Eat lots of fish & chips. This is an ongoing item, but we think we've already found our favorite at the Wee Chippy in Anstruther.
5. Visit cities like Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee.
6. Search for the Loch Ness monster. We did this last week but didn't see it...
7. Loch Lomond.
8. A boat tour of the Firth of Forth. We bought tickets to this one so we'll do that sometime in the next month (hoping for sun!).
9. Lots of walks on the beach. After four years in the mountains (year round between Cortina and Steamboat) it's so much fun to live by the sea, so we're going to take advantage of that while we can.
10. St. Andrew's....for the castle, the cathedral and the ice cream. (We saw the old course during a quick trip a few weeks ago).
11. Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh.
12. Try one of those fried Mars bars that everyone keeps talking about...
13. The Jacobite Steam Train in Fort William.
We're open to any suggestions as this is an always expanding list, so if you've traveled to Scotland (or live here!), let us know what else we should add!